Well look at me!
I come back from the brink of death, ok not really death, but Flu-like death and impending bed rest for the latter part of last week and all weekend, and I am showered with love and adoration.
Ok, again perhaps I jump the gun and you don't all actually love me, being a strong feeling afterall, but you like me! You really like me!
Nothing can perk you up faster while you are run amuck with phlegm and vomit (lovely visuals, don't I know it) than to awaken from your Sudafed slumber and see that you are not only featured blogger on For The Love of Blogs but also got nominated by two other fabulous bloggers for a couple of awards.
Now I know, to the non-blogger this makes absolutely no sense, but if you, like me (and heaven help you if you are anything like me...) have always wanted the masses to worship and adore you, I mean....people to read your wonderous prose, then well it's pretty much a big deal. (Like, smells of rich mahogany kind of big deal)
So the lovely Sunny over at Idyll Toast threw me a little crumb (Toast, crumb, get it??) for the "7 Facts" Award. (Just what you all need, more useless information about Yours Truly). But really, who am I to turn down an opportunity to talk about myself?
So along with my random factoids about Moi, I am to also pass the buck, I mean the honor to 15 other bloggers.
I also got some blog love from Blogs of Note honoree and blog pal, Suldog. A fellow Masshole with a view on life I love.
Apparently I am in his opinion, also a "Versatile Blogger". I guess this means that mentally I get around, but what can you do. So versatile as I appear, I am again supposed to share some facts and nominate blogs.
Guess who has two thumbs and is going to use that as an excuse to kill two birds with one stone? Yup, this guy.
So, here goes with some random things about me, myself and I.
1. I got laid off today. Yup, you read that correctly. Walked into work after yesterday's holiday and was told my position had been eliminated. (read: small company not making enough money and me getting the short end of the stick) So, back on the market. Just what I want to spend the rest of the winter doing, interviewing and applying for jobs in a stupendous job market. Good times.
2. I sneeze like Minnie Mouse. Not that I have actually heard the woman (mouse) sneeze, but if cartoon characters indeed got allergies or colds, I imagine she is who i would most closely resemble. I get made fun of for how I sneeze by anyone who has ever heard me.
3. I can touch my feet to my head backwards. I know, sounds thrilling and flexible right? It's probably easier to do than you think (and easier than i give myself the cool-sounding credit for). Lay on the ground on your stomach, arch back and see if indeed toes touch head. It's not rocket science, but hey a free drink's a free drink.
4. I eat Doritos and Lays Sour Cream & Onion chips together. Like together together. They get married in my mouth in a delicious combination that I can't recall how I even discovered. I assume one day at some sort of gathering, 2 bowls laid next to each other and I simply sampled both, but I will go to the store when the mood strikes and buy a $.99 Big Grab bag of each and mow down. Alternating them. Seriously, it tastes amazing.
5. I have had my nose pierced for going on 18 years. More than half of my life with a hole in my face, as my mother called it. I got it done behind my parents back (GASP!) when I was 14 in Maine. Now being in Maine and having boobs they indeed took me at my word I was 18 and pierced away. I got it done with a hoop, and my mother for months assumed for some reason (false hope I am guessing) that it was a fake or clip on. Once she started seeing me change the ring out, she realized it was real and then got mad. Cest La Vie. (I had it befor eit was "cool", way to go me.)
6. I love musicals and old movies. Old black and white classics and Technocolor gems. I think Frank Sinatra, Gene Kelly, Jimmy Stewart, Rosemary Clooney and the like were all amazing to watch. The don't make movies like they used to that's for sure.
7. (Obviously) I am so f*cking fabulous I piss glitter.
Phew, now that that's out of the way, on to nominate some other fabulous people who are also pretty fabulous in my book. Enjoy. (I plan on meeting in the middle with the 15 and 5 nominations each award had warrented and I am going with 10. Get over it.)
1 Morgan at Living in That Blonde Moment
2 Nat at Nat the Fat Rat
3 Chrissy at I Should Have Been a Stripper
4 Princess Andy at Finding Fairytales
5 Melissa at So About What I Said
6 The Faux Trixie at The Faux Trixie
7 Robin at The Writing on the Wall
8 Janie at Philly Sports Chick
9 Lauren at Hipstercrite
10 Cath at Random Thoughts from Underneath the Table 3.0
Th-th-th-that's all folks!