Monday, July 15, 2013

Ashton Kutcher is Hiding in My Head

Another 4 days gone and my slacker ass is doing what it does best. Slacking.

I spent the weekend peeling like Goldmember in an Austin Powers movie. My 4th of July sunburn apparently k=just isn't ready to stop annoying the shit out of me yet. Not sure why exactly it takes your skin so long to turn reptilian and shed itself, but it's itchy and annoying and making my post-sunburn tan look more like vitiligo than an even golden brown.

In any event, here are the last few days of my challenge, as slackingly promised.


Day 12:
Share: Your Bucket List


Um, I don't necessarily have a bucket list. Not an official one anyway. I suppose this would be the time to now instantly come up with some crap I want to do before I die, huh?

Ok, so I would like to go somewhere that requires a passport before I die. I know you now need one for Mexico and even Canada, which is just plain weird since I went to both countries before that was a rule. I want to go somewhere that is not attached to the United States. I mean technically I guess I go to Martha's Vineyard a lot and that's an island so not technically attached, but I basically live on Cape Cod and I don't think that counts.

I want to go someplace tropical, I want to go to Europe. I think I can do without Asia having once again recently watched Bridget Jones and fearing that my naivete may also wind me up in some sort of Tibetan prison due to some random person trying to use my awesomeness to try to smuggle something funky out of the country. You all know my luck. NOT on bucket list is to end up in a Tibetan prison. Or any prison for that matter. Not my idea of a good time.

I would like to finally finish my degree before I die. It's been like a 15 year journey, and I am certainly in no rush but I would like to finally hold that piece of paper (silly you pay so much money for a piece of paper after all) proudly and tell the world to bite me. Well, maybe not the entire world, but those who may or may not have made me feel like it wasn't possible.

I want to get married someday (stop laughing). It sucks that my dad isn't around to witness it, but I want to. I want the white dress (again, stop laughing!!) and the whole "Oh my god she looks so beautiful!" reactions as I emerge from whatever door I'll be popping out of. I want to register for fabulous gifts that other people will lovingly (or annoyingly...tomato) pick out for me from a carefully selected assortment of things to start my new life off with Mr. Wonderful right. (and not Mr. Wonderful from Shark Tank, ew)

I may even want another kid. (who are we kidding right?)

Most of all I want to be happy. I want to know what it's like to not live paycheck to paycheck. I want to live drama free. Well, sort of. I think we all need a little drama to make things exciting, but I don't want BAD drama. I don't want vindictive, I don't want hurtful. I want happy. I want love. Unconditional, passionate, silly, ridiculous, real love. I don't want a pissing match, I don't want a tit-for-tat. I want to argue sure, because arguing is cathartic sometimes, but I don't want drag out nasty anything anymore. I don't want to be made to feel like a bad person for anything I may or may not have done. I don't want to feel accused, or threatened. A little jealousy is flattering, but not in a crazy possibly end up in the trunk of a car kind of thing. I just want things to be right. Right in the way that I will be forgetting who each other is in a nursing home someday but falling in love all over again by the end of the day. *sigh*

Day 13:
Something you've been putting off


Everything?!

Kidding. (sort of) I've been putting off training and exercising and dieting. I WANT to, I NEED to, I just, struggle. Shocking I know since I can't even get my act together enough for a daily challenge and do like a week at a time right?

I signed up for a 5K to try to hold myself accountable so I would HAVE to train. Not just any 5K, one with ridiculous obstacles and wearing something totally ridiculous.


Yes, the Diva Dash. Paid, registered. Me. I can't really believe it myself and am waiting for the Ashton Kutcher hiding in my head to tell me I've been Punk'd! by myself. So far he hasn't shown up so I'm pretty sure it's the real deal.


So, feel free to nudge me (and by nudge I mean brutally force) to work out. To eat right and at least walk or something. My lazy ass needs to be kicked into gear.

Day 14:
Memories: Been to any concerts?


As a matter of fact, a shit ton. My first concert was The Monkees when I was 5 years old. I had an obsession with Davy Jones, much like everyone else in the 60's, only it was the 80's and I was in love with the Davy on the reruns I would watch from the 60's. Makes perfect sense.

I've seen so many concerts in so many genres. New Kids on the Block, Coldplay, Bon Jovi, Toby Keith, Rascal Flatts, Jewel, Motley Crue, Guns n Roses, Sammy Hagar, Bush, Rob Thomas, Rancid, The Ramones, The Cure, Oasis, Blur. So many I can't even remember them all. I even went to Lollapolooza in 1995.


Day 15:
Tell me: How are you like your ma/pa?


First of all, I am not a member of the Clampets. I called my parents Mom and Dad. Occasionally Ma, and Daddy when I really wanted something.

I am like my father more than anything I think. I will strike up a conversation with anyone and have someone become very Kevin Bacon like in that I am somehow connected to the whole world. I know someone somehow everywhere I go. I am also strong willed like he was and will not back down. I will call and yell at whomever I need to to get things done right.

I think I get my sense of humor from my mom though, and my slick dance moves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Street Cred....Blog Love from Other Bloggers

Street Cred....Blog Love from Other Bloggers