Friday, June 3, 2011

Aaand I Hate Everything Aboooouttttt......

Yes folks we're at it again. 12 days in and still kicking (and possibly screaming, but I'll never tell).

Day 12: A Song From A Band You Hate

Now I don't really hate much in terms of music.

Really.

I can generally appreciate a lot. I tend to listen to a little of just about everything from Metal to Opera. Literally. I get it. It's creative, it's an outlet for people, to each there own, and blah blah blah.

That being said...

First, a band that has annoyed the ever living SHIT out of me since high school has to be the Insane Clown Posse. (better known by their ridiculous minions as ICP)

Really? Grown overweight white men, dressed as clowns, which are creepy as all hell to begin with, attempting to be badass and rapping or whatever they hell they are trying to do with their monochromatic Jorts on (refer to my previous What NOT to Wear Post for an explanation on that one).

Clowns?? Seriously??


I mean, I am not one of those Clown-a-phobes. I don't get all creeped out and run for the hills getting the heeby-jeeby's if I see one, having nightmares. (I did however have a friend from high school...true story. The guy was like 6'3 and jacked. In the Army, all rough and tough. We went to a haunted house with a bunch of other friends and a scary Halloween clown came walking through the crowd and he BOLTED, scared shitless through the parking lot. Funniest thing I saw in my life at the time.)

Poltergeist sort of freaked me out a little as a kid, with the clown doll pulling the kid under the bed and all, but that was the extent of my short lived fear, and I was maybe 6 when I first saw it so it was vaguely understandable.


Coming in second would maybe be GWAR. Now I have no idea what the whole acronym is all about. I get it, it's a gimmick. And for some strange reason grown men want to still play dress up and think it's ok, I mean Gene Simmons has been doing it with make up and platform shoes for decades now and making millions. But at least he attempts to sing, KISS has talent involved. They doesn't gutturally screech into a microphone and call it art.


The costumes I can say could be considered artistic, the instrumental parts, maybe a stretch. The vocals? Not so much.

You can obviously beg to differ. The whole "opinions are like assholes" thing.

Cest la vie.

1 comment:

  1. Haha I love the Salt'n'Pepa shoutout! I've never even heard of GWAR...seems like the whole finger-painting and calling it art thing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Street Cred....Blog Love from Other Bloggers

Street Cred....Blog Love from Other Bloggers