Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Chicken Little knew his shit


Posted Date: : May 13, 2008 10:09 AM
Why is it increasingly difficult to stay positive? You try to stick with the whole Karmic-My-Name-Is-Earl Mantra of "Do good things and good things happen" and still it seems that the ever growing obstacle course looms ahead of you.

I often wondered why they said "Only the good die young". My guess is frustration. I mean seriously. If you live day to day to help others only to get shat upon by the powers that be, it tends to get a wee bit discouraging. Especially while the rat bastards of the word are living high and mighty, albeit miserable, in their lavish and empty, yet ironically non-paycheck to paycheck existence.

It ain't right.

So in my venting I will bitch about my Benefit. Oh c'mon you knew this was coming. I planned, I struggled, I busted my rump to get prizes donated, to get a fantastic venue, and even the WEATHER cooperated.

But no one showed up. Hardly.

That's right. I thank the 7 people who put aside their afternoon of unlimited possibilities to spend their time listening to GREAT (Because Infuse, Adrian Chisholm, PD and Johnny Z were cool as shit) music for a kick ass cause. I mean, they have had family members or friends touched by Cancer. Or even if they hadn't, they weren't self-absorbed assholes who have no concern for the health and well-being of others.

I mean, if I knew a disease struck 1 out of every 3 Americans in their lifetime, I certainly would want to find a cure for it. I bet if you look around you and see 2 other people near by, and think of that statistic and think to yourself, "Gee, one of us 3 people will get Cancer and I could have donated $15 on a Saturday once upon a time and actually made a difference to prevent their (or MY) untimely death from this illness that doesn't give a rats ass what I am doing right now...."

Yes you should feel like crap.

You can still donate ot the Relay however at http://main.acsevents.org/goto/savetheboobs
And on the topic of Karma, if you know how a Do-Gooder like myself can find a new jobby-job since mine is being phased out pretty much as soon as possible that would be pretty kick ass.

Yup. Can't help but wonder if Chicken Little knew what he was talking about when he said the Sky was falling.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Street Cred....Blog Love from Other Bloggers

Street Cred....Blog Love from Other Bloggers