Wednesday, July 22, 2009

If Wishes Were Horses...

**OK, here's the deal. I have sat back silent long enough. Here is what I want out of a relationship. Take it or leave it, it's the truth

I want to go somewhere at one time in my life that requires reservations.

I want flowers for no reason, not just handed to me, but delivered as a complete surprise.

I want to know I look like crap and not be reminded of it.

I want to feel like the most beautiful girl in the world to one person.

I don't want to be a perfect person, but perfect for one person.

I want to do something spontaneous.

I want to be wined and dined, even if you already have me.

I want as much attention given to me as you can give your car.

I want you to want to do something you may not like, but will because you know it would make me happy.

I want one compliment a day...at least.


I don't need you to tell me you love me every 5 minutes, but I do want you to make me feel that you do.

I want all of your friends to know who I am, and how you feel about me.

I want to be worried about when I am sick, sad, or even bored.

I don't want you to feel you have to be with me, I want you there because you want to be.

I want to hear a knock at my door, not knowing it's you, and have you be on the other side.

I want to be your best friend.

I want in complete silence for you to look at me, and know that you're saying you love me.

I want you to hold my hand in public.

I want a hug for no reason.

I want to be able to kiss you passionately and not necessarily have sex.

I want to just lay with you and watch a movie, and be held if it's scary.

I do not want to be made to feel stupid for any reason.

I don't want any change in temperance blamed on that time of the month.

I want both of us to have lives outside of each other, not to be not included, but sometimes you need a night out with the guys just as much as I need a night out with the girls.

I never want to feel insecure with you.

I want you to want to make all the bad things go away, even though we both know you can't.

I don't want to be compared to any ex-girlfriends, ever.

The television remote, or the movie of choice should not always go to you. This works for the car stereo as well.

I want to catch you looking at me lovingly, even if you get embarrassed or deny it.

I want you to realize that actions speak louder than words.

I want all promises to be kept, even if you think they're little and silly.

I want to live in the present, and work towards the future...together.

Family functions may not be mandatory, but I would like you to go, and vice-verse.

I want to never be taken for granted.

I want to find a note from you hidden somewhere unexpected, even if it only says hello.

I want to be cooked for at least once, and even if it's instant macaroni and cheese.

I want one night of candles and no TV.

I want emotions to not be thought of like four letter words.

I want to cry out of happiness, not all the time, but at least once.

I know you will look at other women, it's natural, HOWEVER, I don't need to hear a play by play on how perfect or how hot you think she is, this would be a great time to pick a compliment for me, and say it with MEANING.

I want you to tell me you are proud of me, even if all I did was not burn something I cooked.

I don't want to be reminded of things I am self-conscious about.

I want you to tell me what you love about me, not all the time, but once in a while.

I want you to miss me.

I want you to try to make an effort to understand where I am coming from, even though you probably don't.

I want to make time for us, even if it's no more than an hour.

I want you to work as hard on the relationship as you do on your job, you may get a paycheck from work, but happiness can be a great reward too.

I don't want to be made fun of for being sentimental, even a movie stub is a reminder of things we have done together, so it does mean something.

There is no such thing as a bad hair day, however we can say it, you cannot.

I want to not fight over anything stupid. I know we will fight, but I don't want trivial things to escalate and I don't want grudges to be held...from either of us.

Make up sex is acceptable.

I have one word: COMPROMISE.

**I do not expect all of these things in conjunction with each other, but you can think of it as a guideline to a better relationship. I bet all will be happier in the end.
Posted Date: : Oct 16, 2006 5:46 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Street Cred....Blog Love from Other Bloggers

Street Cred....Blog Love from Other Bloggers